Here are 10 basic eBay search tips. eBay has millions of listings and
getting the search results right can be a challenge.
SearchDome eBay search tools
provide the search tools necessary
to find what your looking for. However it does take some practice to perfect your
eBay searches to find precisely what your looking for. If you need
help with eBay searches
you can use the SearchDome Contact Us
page for advise on creating effective eBay searches. For eBay advanced search
information see the
eBay advanced search
10 Tips to Improve eBay Searches
1. Make eBay searches vary specific. If you can, add a manufacturer, product number,
model, color or size to your searches.
2. Create one search for each product or service your searching for. Don't try to create
one complicated search that returns several listings your interested in.
3. Automate your eBay searches to find what your looking for on eBay. Using an eBay search tool
to automate eBay searches saves time and produces the best search results. By automating your
eBay searches you'll get sent email notifications (search alerts) when newly listed items become available.
4. Refine your eBay searches over time. Each time your search runs
you can review the search results and make improvements to your search query to get
better search results the next time your search is run.
5. Don't use the asterisk character as a wild card character. The eBay search engine
no longer supports the asterisk (*) wild card search option.
6. Searches are case independent. You can use uppercase or lowercase. The
eBay search engine doesn't care.
7. Check search keyword spelling and spacing. Sounds stupid but lots of people mistype
eBay keywords or add spaces on eBay keywords which can alter the search results
8. Search titles only to narrow your eBay search results. If you find your not getting
many results you can widen your ebay search results by searching Titles and
Descriptions. Be careful searching Titles and Descriptions, this option can
return a large result set of search listing of no value.
9. Select an eBay category when creating an eBay search. This will greatly
improve the relevance of the search results. However there can be situations
where not specifying an eBay search category can improve the search results
depending on the type of item your searching for. eBay Seller's sometimes list
items in the wrong category. This eBay seller mistake can create an opportunity
for the eBay buy.
10. Make use of the eBay seller rating selection. If your looking for an expense
product it makes sense to filter out eBay sellers with bad or negative feedback